Wednesday, September 19, 2007

So You Say the Season's Over???

After the past few days, everyone I know recently has come up to me and said "What's happened with your Tigers?". Um, they lost three games in row, like they've done numerous times in August, hence we are in this situation of non-playoffs. Me, I've been taking the Kübler-Ross approach to things (finally something to show for all those psych classes in college)

Step 1: Denial
- When Joel Zumaya and Kenny Rogers come back the bullpen will be fine
- Maybe Cameron Maybin can replace Craig Monroe
- Jeremy Bonderman just needs to pitch through his struggles
- There's no way the Yankees and the Indians can keep winning

Step 2: Anger
- Sure C.C. Sabathia's good now, but it's going to be hard for him to pitch when he loses a foot to diabetes
- I would like to punch Jhnonhy Peralta in his eye socket.
- I hope one of "Grady's Ladies" gives him the clap.
- If the ball is hit to the right of you STAY AT SECOND!!!!!
- THROW THE BALL ALREADY BETANCOURT!!!!
- What the hell is Zach Miner doing out there another inning?
- Casey Blake is a gigantic piece of poop.

Step 3: Bargaining
- If the Tigers win this game, I swear I'll start looking at those reception halls like I told my fiancee I'd do weeks ago.
- Come on at least win one game...
- If Cleveland goes 1-10 in their last 11 games...there's still a chance

Step 4: Depression
- How in the hell did this happen?
- Seriously...Cleveland?!? First the Pistons now this.
- Guh, this suuuuuucks.

Step 5: Acceptance
- Oh well at least we had meaningful baseball in September
- I wonder if Jair Jurrjens will make the rotation next year?
- Who will the Tigers sign in the offseason?

So yeah, it was a letdown after last year awesome ride. But we still got a lot of excitement this season, and hopefully for years to come. So I'm going to sit back and enjoy the last couple of games I have tickets to and think of the good times, and root for the Angels to beat the Yankees, Indians and Red Sox.

No comments: