Monday, July 16, 2007

Digging Through the Basement

Recently I moved back to my parents' house because:
A) my current roommate is getting married at the end of and I thought it would be creepy if I was still there after the nuptials
B) With my own wedding and impending move, I need to save money and you can't beat no rent and free meals for a few months.
So anyways while sifting through mounds of unwashed clothes, my mother points out a container filled with my old baseball cards. So I crack it open for the first time in over ten years not knowing what to expect. My prized possessions were all still there. One of those being my Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie, which was supposed to be my retirement fund, now can be found for roughly the amount of money I wasted on packs of cards to get the damn thing. Don't even get me started on all my Todd Van Poppels. In addition to the cards I knew I still had, I found some hidden gems. Like these Tiger greats from the late 80's and early 90's:

Gary Ward

Lance McCullers

Mike Heath

Paul Gibson

And who could forget Mark Salas?


I also have some other quality finds:
Why here's a card with the patron saint of Big Al's site...


And by the look on face of the dude on this card how did we not know the Lions were screwed


And here's a young Ozzie Guillen wondering what slur to use while signing an autograph for a young Jay Mariotti...


Here's two guys whose last names made me giggle in grade school...and still do


and just because Greg W. Harris was a pansy...GREG A. HARRIS!!!!

Seriously, this dude pitched righty and lefty in the same game...and has a bitchin 'stache. He's badder than B.A. Baracus

This was fun It might even turn into a regular off day feature.
If you enjoyed this please visit Joe Sports Fan where I "borrowed" this idea from

No comments: