Friday, May 23, 2008

Game 48 Recap

I came home from work sat down for a second on the couch, resting a minute before I planned to listen to the Tigers. The quick resting of the eyes quickly turned into a full blown nap. I woke up an hour later, but decided against moving and fell back asleep. I think I made the right decision.

While I missed a comeback in the 7th, I also missed the bullpen blow up in the 8th. I missed Gary Sheffield hitting a home run. I also missed Armando Galarraga attempt to give the 5th spot in the rotation back to Dontrelle Willis, and Willis promptly show that he's not ready for it.

So maybe it was that Seattle is that bad. The Yankees, whose offensive woes are similar to the Tigers, went off for 13 runs tonight. One good inning isn't going to cut it.

Side note: I have family in town for the long weekend, so in addition to showing them Atlanta, the Pistons, and the Red Wings, the Tigers probably won;t get much attention this weekend. Maybe it's for the best?

Tigers 4 Twins 9
W: Slowey (1-4)
L: Galarraga (3-3)

Tigers Record:
W - L
20 - 28

No comments: