Thursday, July 31, 2008

Game 107 Recap



This was one weird game. A game I almost missed. First off the big Pudge news of course. But then, driving home I flipped the game off after listening to the bottom of the 3rd, in which the Indians took a 8-1 lead. A seeming need for abuse brought me to my computer and hour later, where the Tigers had cut the lead to one run.

Then Todd Jones happened...BOOOOO!!!!

Then Miguel Cabrera happened...YAAAAY!!!!!

Then Placido Polanco happened...BIGGER YAAAY!!!!

Then Fernando Rodney did a Todd Jones...BOOOO!!!!

Then I drifted in and out of consciousness for the remaining 4 innings. I thought I saw Bobby Seay have 5 K's and Casey Fossum get out of a no-outs bases loaded jam. But I also think I saw a leprechaun bungee jumping off my desk. But I do remember a big hit by Polly and a big error by the Indians first baseman to give the Tigers the lead. Casey Fossum bumbled his way to the final three outs in the bottom of the 13th and that was that.

I would really like to write a farewell to Pudge but that will have to come a different day as it is way past my bedtime. The series wraps up tomorrow afternoon, where I will be clueless of it's outcome due to crazy month-end fun at work.

Tigers 13 Indians 12
W: Fossum (2-0)
L: Rincon (2-3)

Tigers Record:
W - L
55 - 52
3rd Place AL Central (5.5 GB Chicago)

No comments: