Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Busy weekend in these parts. Not much time for the Tigers for me. But its always nice to see the Tigers improve on their division lead.

Friday, I was dragged to commencements for the high school my wife works at. Spent the first part of the night amazed at the amount of weird looking babies in the crowd around me. Spent the latter part of the night trying to convince the bartender to turn on the end of the Red Wings game. While Rick Porcello was the winner, I came up on the short end of the stick that night.

Saturday and Sunday were spent in Atlanta with In-Laws. Probably for the best I wasn't following along, as keeping track of two losses to the Rockies would have made me an unpleasant dinner guest.

I did catch the first 6 innings of yesterday's demolition of the Royals before I went out to a BBQ. Good to see the bats working again, though I doubt that will be the case tonight with Zach Greinke on the mound. Facing him will be Edwin Jackson who's a neighbor of Greinke's in the ERA leaderboard. Should be fun to watch.

No comments: