Monday, April 30, 2007

Game 25

Busy couple of days for me coming up so there might not be much from me. I will be in the stands tonight, the didn't go to extra innings Saturday, so hopefully I'll be there for a win tonight. It's Daniel Cabrera (who was lights out vs. the Tigers last time) against Jeremy Bonderman who (just like me) is still looking for his first win of the year.

Post-game:

Tigers 8 Orioles 4

Jeremy Bonderman finally gets some run support, and gets his first win of the year. Pitchers of the AL, do not anger Gary Sheffield. Daniel Cabrera plunked him in the first and in the fifth the two had to be restrained after the benches emptied after Miguel Tejada took exception to a brushback pitch. Later, Sheffield then took one of Cabrera's pitches and deposited it 12 rows deep in leftfield. Fernando Rodney looks to be back in form as he pitched 2 1/3 perfect innings to close out the game. Magglio Ordonez is still en fuego, getting 2 RBIS on 2 hits and 2 walks. Best news of all, I am no longer convinced I am a jinx.

Tiger Hero:
Gary Sheffield. Finally goes deep at the CoPa, and racks up three runs along the way. This is the guy we all expected.

Tiger Zero:
The weather. On and off rain made me glad I brought my poncho, and a little chilly for what turned out to be nearly a 3 1/2 hour game.

Tigers Record:
W - L
14 - 11

No comments: