Saturday, April 28, 2007

Quick News & Game 23

I have had a lot of free time to devote to this site due to my lack of employment. Well that will no longer be the case, since last week I had a few interview, and starting May 7th I will be back among the working. So most posts will be written after work, which probably means after games start. So more wrap-ups, less previews.

Speaking of previews, to this afternoons game. It looks like a favorable match-up for the Tigers with Justin Verlander going up against Carlos Silva and his career 4.30 ERA. But then again most match-ups favor the Tigers, it all depends on what the Tigers bullpen can do. Since I will be in attendance today, I can almost guarantee an extra innings game since I am 3 for 3 on that so far this year.

Line-ups:
(total guesses let's see how I do)
Detroit (12-10)
C Granderson CF
P Polanco 2B
G Sheffield DH
M Ordonez RF
C Guillen SS
I Rodriguez C
S Casey 1B
C Monroe LF
B Inge 3B

Minnesota (13-10)
L Rodriguez 2B
N Punto 3B
J Mauer DH
M Cuddyer RF
J Morneau 1B
T Hunter CF
M Redmond C
J Kubel LF
J Bartlett SS

Pitchers:
Tigers - Justin Verlander RHP (1-0, 2.08)
Twins - Carlos Silva RHP (1-1, 2.74 ERA)

Post-game:

Tigers 3 Twins 11

Guh...if it wasn't such a beautiful day out, I'd be angrier. Something seems off about this year's Tiger team, so far. I'm 0 for 4 on the year, the last Tiger win I saw in person was game 2 of the World Series. The situation doesn't get any better with Johan Santana coming in tomorrow.


Tiger Hero:
Placido Polanco. No disrespect to Thomas Hearns, but Polly's the new "Hitman" in Detroit.

Tiger Zero:
Everyone else. The team is still above .500, but not for long if games like these are going to be the norm.

Tigers Record:
W - L
12 - 11

No comments: