Jason Grilli should be Byrdaked after today's batting practice session for the White Sox. He should probably avoid the comments on his MySpace page after this stinker. The offense finally had a good game, even more amazing was that it was for Nate "No run support" Robertson. However, it was all for nothing as "The Cheeseman" was serving pure gasoline. Another frustrating loss and it's just four games into the season. I guess that is the only positive to take away, it is just four games in.
Tigers 5 White Sox 8
W: Logan (1-0)
L: Grilli (0-1)
S: Jenks (2)
- In innings 1-7 the Tigers lead off men reached base. 3 scored the other 4 were stranded
- 4 of Nate Robertson's 5 K's were with a full count.
- With the exception of Magglio Ordonez, the Tiger batter were more patient at the plate.
- Nate Robertson bounced back from a bad 3rd inning to pitch well in the 4th and 5th. He got out of a jam with 2 RISP with one out in the 5th to keep the game tied
- Remove Jason Grilli's craptastic 7th inning, and the bullpen did very well. Zach Miner, Denny Bautista, and Todd Jones combined for 3 innings, zero runs, one hit, and two walks.
- Jacque Jones, picked up his first hit and RBI as a Tiger today.
- The Clete Thomas Train just keeps picking up steam. Clete was 3 for 4 with his first MLB RBI.
- Pudge was on fire at the plate today, going 3 for 4 with 2 doubles adn 2 RBIs. He did make a make a baserunning gaffe in the 5th on a Jacque Jones ground-out, causing the second out of an inning-ending double play. Edgar Renteria was stranded at third
W - L
0 - 4