Monday, April 07, 2008

Season's over man. Ozzie dropped the Big One


Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

What happened to the Tigers I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get in trouble. Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Ozzie, he's a dead man! Sizemore, dead! Hafner...


DEAD. You know what, ghost of John Belushi's right. The Tigers could sit here felling sorry, and mope about an 0-6 start. Or, they could man up, grow some marbles and go into Boston and ruin "Sawx Nation's" ring ceremony. Sending home legions of pink-hatted fans in tears would be more than worth is. As for us Tigers fans, we were there in 2003, and we aren't going to abandon them now. Sure it might be a little hard to get fired up to watch the Tigers after this start. May I suggest a little something from the band Sloan?



The song is "Money City Maniacs". It was always on my pre-game set list. And if it leads to a Tigers victory I'll be playing it before every game

No comments: