Monday, October 23, 2006

What did I miss?

So apparently something happened with Kenny Rogers at the game last night. I've been scouring the interweb to find out what happened but haven't found anything.

So I may have been a little facetious there, but the "mud spot" has all that has been talked about today in assorted media outlets ad nauseam. It might have been pine tar, it might not have been. Bottom line:
  1. The umpire didn't eject him from the game
  2. Spot or no spot, the Cardinals were hitless from the 2nd inning to the 8th.
  3. Find me a pitching staff that doesn't have one guy that puts a little something extra on the ball, you were probably one of the people that thought nothing of guys like Brady Anderson suddenly jacking 50 home runs. (think I'm exaggerating read this)
So let us never speak of this again.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize what what happened last night during the 9th inning. You see everything was going swimmingly for our favorite mustachioed closer, so myself, having roughly 40,000 people in front of me, decided to sneak toward to aisle to ease in my exit. When the bases became loaded, I realized my error. Whenever I leave my seat during a game bad things happen. After realizing this, I went back to my seat, Molina groundball, game over. So you see this was not Todd Jones' fault, it was mine. I accept full responsibility.

Anyways back to the promised pictures, well every time a took a picture it seems some on in front of me had a strategically placed Tiger Towel in the frame. Also it was fucking cold. I spent most of the game huddled in a ball trying to keep score with shivering hands. A big "fuck you" goes out to John Cougar Mellencamp, who not only subjected the crowd to a live action version of a Chevy commercial, he also came out to perform said song, then disappeared for a couple minutes delaying the game and causing the crowd to freeze our collective asses off a few minutes longer than necessary. I am calling for a bombing campaign of Indiana as retribution.

All right I think I've rid myself of enough vitriol for today, come back tomorrow for some Game 3 liveblogging goodness.

No comments: